We just can't believe our little Addi is going to be 2 already! It seems like it was just yesterday when I went in for my induction. It was an unusally warm day in January. There were many events that took place on that day as we waited for her arrival...It went from a very warm day to a monsoon outside, to a major snow storm! While I dosed in and out of sleep, not feeling a single pain the entire time I was in labor & delivery...it was a different story for the many people who were anxiouxly awaiting a new member of the family! From Eric to both sets of grandparents to my sisters & Eric's brother patiently waiting at the hospital from 8am until her arrival at 3:49am the next day, there are many stories to be told...both of my sisters were planning on being in the room at the time of delivery...BUT things didn't turn out as planned...After waiting all day & night, and being completely bored out of their minds, all the excitement came at once...About an hour before I was ready to deliver our precious angel, my sister Hilary was rushed to the ER with pancreatitius and had gallstones...My dad took her to the ER and she was admitted and scheduled for surgery, she had her gall bladder removed the day I left the hospital! So that left us with my twin sister to be in the delivery room with Eric & me...About 20 minutes into pushing she decides she couldn't take it and her body gave out, she passed out and 2 nurses and my husband rush to her side...meanwhile I am having a contraction!! I had to hold that push until they got her out of the room, My mom and Eric's parents had to come get her so the attention could be back on me and delivering our little girl! After an hour of pushing she arrived! We were so thankful that our little girl was healthy, weighing in at 8lbs 9oz and was 22 1/2 inches long! We were shocked to see that our little baby girl had a full head of RED hair! She was absolutely gorgeous and we are so blessed to have her in our lives! We can't imagine how life was without her!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment